Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just Wondering ...

Do you have a mystery switch in your house? I'm pretty sure everyone has at least one. You know what I mean - the one switch that should NEVER be touched, not by ANYONE! I suspect that no one knows what might happen if that switch were to be switched, but even as a child, I could see that the mystery switch must be left alone at all costs. Of course, theories abound. That switch might permanently shut off all electricity and running water. Or, it might set off an alarm that you can't hear, but that signals criminal activity to the police. Or maybe, it might even shut off the Internet!

In some households, the mystery switch is actually secured with duct tape for that extra degree of protection.

There has been a mystery switch in every place I have ever lived, and the temptation is maddening. I just re-noticed the mystery switch in my basement, and I am really wanting to switch it. But I know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment