Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Finally, a Craft!

Have you been wondering when I was going to start talking about crafts? I certainly was, and I write this blog! Anyway, I've finished up a few projects in the last couple of months, but here are two I'm really happy with. The first is a wall hanging (wall not pictured) from a Moda Turnover, the line is called "Swanky." My friend and I challenged each other to make a project from a turnover and a charm pack, so here it is. I actually used the turnovers for the pinwheels, and the charm pack to make the border and binding. I like the "coordinated jumble sale" look I think I've achieved. By the way, did you spot my error? One of my pinwheel blocks is spinning in the wrong direction. Oops.

The second is from the "Sizzlin' Sixties" pattern collection by Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures. Check out her blog here. This one uses a 60-degree triangle ruler to make all sorts of cool blocks. I decided to make a table topper. I used 30s reproduction fabrics, which I'm kind of obsessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment