Thursday, June 25, 2009

Craft Night

My crafting friends and I had our monthly meeting this evening, and we had a blast, as always. The setting was particularly picturesque (the hostess' home is right on Narragansett Bay), and we actually saw some sun for a couple of hours. The fact that we could eat outside was a huge bonus as well!

My craft this evening was a birthday banner for my mom's party - about 36 hours left to go until the big event. I still have to get a cake, but I have an idea of where to go for that. My goal for this party was to make it a great time for my mom, without stressing anyone (especially me) out. I think I've achieved at least half of that equation; hopefully mom will enjoy herself.

I don't have any pictures of the banner handy, so instead, I'm posting a random photo of my cat Max beside a craft I worked on about 10 months ago - my wedding flowers!
My next craft is a mystery, even to me. It will definitely be a quilt, I just haven't decided which fabrics, pattern, etc. Here's a quilt I finished in May for my brother-in-law and his wife (a wedding gift). I need to get better about taking photos of my quilts before giving them away - this is a horrible angle but I was in a hurry, as I was about to wrap it up for the wedding and realized I hadn't photographed it yet. I can tell you that I designed it myself, and used fabrics from the Moda bistro line. It's about 55x70 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment